Unexpected error - Timesheet webpart

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Hi,

For certain PWA users, particular timesheets error out with the following message:-

An unexpected error has occurred.

Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator.

Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.

The server is configured with a timesheet submission period of 1 day. Tried closing, deleting and reopening the webpart. Still remains the same. Please help!!!!

- Pratap

Feb 19, 2010 at 9:40 AM

I have encountered the same problem this morning and following are the resolution steps.

Resolution Steps:

First check that is user is facing this error on particular timesheet periods only or he is facing this error on all future timesheet periods.

I found that this error is not occurred in future timesheet period i.e. Oct-2010.

Then Use Analyze Resource Capacity View to find out, in which projects the user has tagged in.

Open the project professional and open all the projects in which the effected user has engaged in Read/Write Mode.

Filter the tasks by Effected user and insert the column of publish field and select “No” in publish field and Save the project and publish it.

Check the timesheet of effected user, your user is now able to open his timesheet without any error.

After receiving confirmation from the user, change the publish field value to “Yes” and re-publish the projects.

Re-confirm with the user that he is now able to open the timesheet or not.